Sandra and I were nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Siobhan over at I Am A Book Dunkard! When I saw this pop up, I got really excited because we’re still a very new blog and to be included in a post like this so early is really nice! Thank you again, Siobhan!
Here is how this Award works:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select other bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How did our blog get started?
Me and Sandra have both shared a little bit about how this blog come about here and here, if you want an a bit more in debth version. I had been thinking about starting a book blog for a couple of days at the end of last year and going into this year, but I knew I didn’t want to do it on my own. Sandra and I met each other through Tumblr a couple of years ago (I think it was our love for The Vampire Diaries that introduced us to each other all those years ago) and have been good friends ever since, so I asked if she would be interested in running a blog together and she agreed! And here we are, a month into this journey!
Do we have some blogging advice?
I am going to be speaking for myself here, but: don’t get caught up in the numbers. I tend to look at how many visitors or page views we’ve been getting over the course of a day/week/month to see if it’s been growing. I most definitely over do it, but it makes me happy to see that we’re making progress, while also realizing that we still have things we need to work on – like engaging with our readers!
Another piece of advice would be to write when you are actually in the mood for it. Don’t force yourself to write something, just to be able to have a new post up. Make sure you post consistently though. This is something I always look for with blogs: consistency. I like knowing when to expect new content from someone! If you manage to write a couple of posts one day, schedule them over the upcoming weeks or month (I actually just did that myself tonight)!
Which bloggers would we like to give this award to?
Unfortunately we haven’t been able to spend as much time reading through different blogs as we would like, but we did find a few that we’d like to shout out here:
- Kourti over at Kourtni Reads (I spend a good amount of time reading my way through her blog earlier tonight and especially enjoyed her post: Does Hype Mislead Your Thoughts?)
- Puput over at Sparkling Letters (I especially enjoyed her post: My Stance as A Diverse Book Blogger & Introducing New Feature: The Diversity Corner – it is one of my goals this year to read more diverse and this post just really sparked my interest and I’m really excited about the first Diversity Corner on the 25th of this month!)
- Reg over at She Latitude (as a new blogger, I am always thankful for any kind of advice I can get my hands on, so her posts: Top Ten Blogging Lessons I’m Thankful I Learned and Top Ten (More) Blogging Lessons I’m Thankful I Learned were exactly what I was looking for!)
I’d just like to thank Siobhan for including us one last time! Thank you!