I always see so many challenges and readathons in the book community and I often wonder if maybe I should participate in them too. Maybe just do it once to see if I enjoy the feeling of knowing that you’re doing this with so many other people around the world and on different platforms! When I saw the announcement video for the 2017 BookTube-A-Thon (which is happening from Monday, 24th of July to the Sunday, 30th of July) go up, I got excited but I wasn’t sure what the challenges were going to be, so I waited until I had more information.
Well, Ariel posted the seven challenges for the readathon and I am actually going to participate and find out how I feel about readathons and maybe if I like it, I’ll join more of them in the future too! Here are the challenges and what I hope to be reading to complete them:
- Read a book with a person on the cover – I recently got The Scorpio Races and since I really want to read another Maggie Stiefvater book before her newest release comes out this would be perfect!
- Read a hyped book.
- Finish a book in one day. For this challenge, I’ll probably go with Down Among The Sticks And Bones by Seanan McGuire! I recently finished the first book and definitely want to continue with the series and this feels like the perfect book to read in a day!
- Read about a character that is very different from you. I’ll probably just go ahead and count Down Among The Sticks And Bones for this challenge too! Neither of the twins is much like me, so it fits!
- Finish a book completely outdoors. I definitely need to get out of the house more often, so I’ll probably try and get an audiobook for this one! I don’t know what I will go for yet though. I want to decide on the spot once it’s time for the readathon!
- Read a book you bought because of the cover. I don’t have any unread cover buys on my shelves right now, BUT I do kind of want to re-read I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson which was definitely a cover buy back in the day! I wonder if I’ll end up enjoying this book more the second time around!
- Read seven books. There is no way I will manage to read seven books – I think. And honestly, I will be super excited if I finish reading the books I talked about above – which would be FOUR books. That’s a lot for a week.
Are any of you guys planning on participating in the BookTube-A-Thon this year? Or were you not aware that it was happening this month? Am I getting myself into something I will come to regret soon? Do you guys have any tips for me to make sure I get through that week? Please let me know in the comments below!