Hey you guys and welcome to my first tag in what feels like months! But there just simply was no way that I could miss out on doing this one as it was created by one of our very own #Doves members to help celebrate Ace Of Shades upcoming release (and yes, you will be hearing about this book quite a bit in anticipation of the release) and to get bookworms far and wide involved! I mean, who doesn’t love a good tag, right? So, let’s just jump right into it.
1. Ace of Shades takes place in the very mysterious, very dangerous City of Sin. Name a fictional city with a personality of its own!
I might be the worst person to answer these types of questions as I don’t really read too many books where a place plays such important role, but I would say the city of Weep and obviously, Ketterdam both have very clear personalities of their own!
2. The City of Sin is home to three ruthless gangs: the Irons, the Scarhands and the Doves. Tell us about your favorite fictional criminal family/gang!
Honestly, the only actual criminal family/gang that comes to mind are the Dregs from Six Of Crows! But I feel like that’s such an obvious answer coming from me so I was trying to think of someone else and I kind of ended up with Lada, Radu and Mehmet from The Conqueror’s Saga. While they may not be in the same category of criminals as our gang from Six Of Crows, Lada and Mehmet especially, do some seriously criminal things.
3. Enne and Levi are about to be thrown into a deadly game… Name your favorite book in which the characters must play with, and for, their lives.
Would this be a tag on my blog if I didn’t mention The Infernal Devices at least once? No, it wouldn’t be. So yes, my loves Will, Jem and Tessa and the rest of the London Institute! And we have Lada who plays with other people’s lives in order to save hers? Does that count? I can’t believe I almost forgot about Rhy Maresh. HOW DID I ALMOST FORGET ABOUT HIM. That one scene in the book still haunts me to this day. My sweet, sweet Rhy.
4. The Doves are a gang of assassins… What book you’d kill to have in your hands right now?
SO MANY, you guys. SO MANY. Let’s start with the obvious: Ace Of Shades. But also Bright We Burn (I am 100% ready for Kiersten to absolutely destroy me), Leah On The Offbeat (I am SO curious to see what my feelings are going to be with this book), Reaper At The Gates (FINALLY this series continues) and lastly: Queen Of Air And Darkness. I NEED TO KNOW HOW THIS TRILOGY ENDS.
5. The City of Sin is full of people with dark and complicated pasts. Name one book or book series you used to like, but don’t anymore.
I don’t tend to revisit books when I can’t say for certain that I’ll absolutely still love them, so I don’t really have an answer to this question. I could probably go with the Twilight series but I LOVED it when I originally read it and I don’t know what my feelings would be like now.
6. With complicated pasts abound, we can find many… burnt cinnamon rolls, so to speak. Name a character that has a prickly and tough exterior, but is actually a sweetheart deep down!
Can I go with Ronan Lynch for this one? I’m sure I can, seeing how I’m the one answering these questions and you guys can’t do a single thing about my answers. *evil laughter* But yeah, I feel like when we’re first introduced to Ronan he plays more of a tough guy and then as the series continues, we get to explore more of him and see his sweet side – especially with his youngest brother.
7. Not only anti-heroes live in the Ace of Shades world! In New Reynes, one can find plenty of villains as well. Which bookish character do you just love to hate?
Oh god, let’s see! Queen Levana was a FANTASTIC villain. Dorian’s father. Oh my god. I wanted to rip his head off. So Badly. So, so badly. But other than that, I feel like I’ve read too many disappointing villains. The type of villain that is played up so much but in the end, they aren’t all they were made out to be.
8. You, much like our main character Enne’s mother, went missing in the City of Sin. The main character from the last book you read is the one looking for you… How screwed are you?
Okay, the last book I finished was Scythe and I guess between Rowan and Citra I would be pretty covered? So yeah, I think I would be good! I don’t know about the person who took me hostage but I would be good.
Now, it’s up to you guys to answer some of these questions (or all of them in a post of your own!): How screwed are you if the main protagonist of the last book you finished had to rescue you? Who is your favorite love-to-hate character? And what is one city/setting you think has a character all of its own? Let me know in the comments below!