Hey you guys! For today’s post, I wanted to keep it rather quick as I wanted to announce a fun series of posts that are going to be happening on the blog starting on December 2nd and ending on the 24th – or, Christmas Eve!
I’ve seen a lot of people in the YouTube community talking about doing some sort of Christmas related content in December, be it vlogmas (which I have to tell you guys, I am so excited to watch especially Zoella’s content! She loves Christmas so much and I always find myself looking forward to her vlogmas the most!) or bookmas! And so I figured I’d join and do 12 Days Of Blogmas!
Usually, it’s 12 straight days of content going up on whatever platform you choose, but I didn’t want to throw that many posts at you guys in such a small amount of time, so I’ll continue with my schedule of posting every other day starting on the 2nd (as I stated at the beginning)! I would absolutely love it if you guys joined me for all or some of these topics and linked back via a pingback so I can read you guys’ posts too and take a look at your bookish year in review – which is what a lot of these posts are going to be about!
I love being able to see what I read in the past year and how I felt about different books, so I figured taking the days leading up to Christmas to take a look back would be fantastic! But don’t worry – there’s no pressure to do exactly the same amount of books as the day would suggest!
Okay, before I ramble on, let’s just talk about the prompts for each day! So, here we go:
- Day One: A Love Letter To Your Favorite Book Of The Year
- Day Two: 2 Returning Favorites (A Reread you loved as much as you did before)
- Day Three: Top 3 Young Adult Debuts
- Day Four: Top 4 Sequels and/or Series Finales
- Day Five: Top 5 New To You Authors
- Day Six: 6 Disappointing Reads (because I’m sure we’ve all read books this year we wish we would’ve loved more)
- Day Seven: Top 7 Books You Want To Read In 2018 (books that were released before 2018)
- Day Eight: Top 8 Anticipated 2018 Releases
- Day Nine: Top 9 2017 Covers You Absolutely Adored
- Day Ten: Top 10 Books You Would Love To Find Under The Christmas Tree
- Day Eleven: Top 11 Books Read In 2017
- Day Twelve: WinterWonderWichteln Reveal (this is a freebie for you guys!)
I figured I would quickly explain what WinderWonderWichteln is because you guys probably haven’t heard about it before. It’s basically a gift exchange organized by two German bloggers were we were each assigned a person to create a little Christmas present for. Each person gets a book and at least two other goodies in their package. I am so excited to see what I’ll be getting and thought I’d share it on the blog on the final day of Blogmas!
So, to recap: I’ll start posting Day One on December 2nd and then on the 4th, 6th and so forth! I’d absolutely loved it if you guys joined in on the fun and shared your posts via pingbacks so we can all read and supoort each other’s posts!
Do any of you guys love the seasonal content on the platforms you use? Be it Halloween or Christmas! And do you do that kind of content on your own blogs/Instagram accounts? If so, are any of you guys going to join me for 12 Days Of Blogmas? Let me know in the comments below!